Saturday, February 25, 2012

I AM SHER LOCKED

It's been awhile.

Second semester had just begun and I already feel suffocated. As I flip through the calendar, eyeing longingly at the months of summer, I realize the number of days I must endure before I can finally let go and breathe. Was life always this hard?

Just a couple of nights ago, I was on Facebook flipping through Timeline. Timeline is basically an application that allows you trace your footsteps on Facebook; it shows all your history - the posts you received, the pictures you were tagged in, etc. from the day you signed up. I saw old wall posts by my friends in grade 7, pictures when I was in grade 8, and birthday wishes from grade 9. To be honest, it kept me entertained for a good half hour. It's really amusing because those friends from 4 years ago, those people that I had shared special memories with....they're just people now. Looking at the conversations we had made me realize just how much we had drifted apart from each other all these years. Time is cruel. All these reminiscing reminds me of a movie I saw. 5 Centimeters per Second is the name and it's directed by Makoto Shinkai. He's no Hayao Miyazaki, but his movies leave a special feeling in you. The movie depicts a boy and a girl meeting and falling in love, but due to circumstances, they move away from each other. The film gives a realistic view on how time changes things, especially people, and how time can be really cruel and make us forget the things we once treasured. The music and graphics are amazing as well...it had me bawling for hours. When the tears have dried up, a wave of melancholy settled in me and I just didn't feel like doing anything for hours. All in all, if you guys have the time, please check out the movie! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxKn5AwOTis]

It gets me thinking, what's going to happen to this blog years from now? Will we even last a year? 6 months? We should do a get together sometime! Just the three of us. We can discuss deep philosophical things over cups of tea -- bubble tea, that is.

Hmm, what else to write. Nothing! What a surprise. Life is a bore. But I guess it's these boring routines that shape up what life is? I may say that my life is too boring and that I long for some excitement...I'll probably start missing these boring aspects of life if it should disappear. They say life is short, but it feels hella long to a soon-to-be 18-year-old teenager. At the same time, I'm scared of growing old. I can't stand at the thought of being an old lady (no offense to you old ladies out there), watching the youngsters take on the world like they own it while knowing that I will soon cease to exist. When I'm old, I'll probably be filled with regret. I'm already filled with regret, imagine 60 years from now. That's why my only goal in life is to die without any regrets. That, and spending a day with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. And buy manga. And have lots of money. Okay, so I have a lot of goals, but the point is, I don't want to waste my life, I only get one...unless you believe reincarnation and stuff, but that's another subject.

My fingers are cold, so I'll stop here.

Oh yea, it's leap year. An extra day to live before we hit Dec. 21, 2012! Treasure it well :)

Cheers,
Taro King


1 comment:

  1. Hey Taro!
    Do not EVER say life is boring, we are in control of it, and can live our life to the fullest! I'm gonna leave you with this awesome quote that not only I like, but Iciee as well, "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
    So go and try something new every single day!

    ReplyDelete