Monday, January 9, 2012

My Future....

Hi guys!

OMG I can’t believe it!!! Its 2012 already! I first hope that we all had a good start of the year and hope that everything is gonna go well afterwards.
The winter break has just ended, and it’s time to summarize what I had been doing. I partied (obviously), volunteered, watched dramas (no duh!), and APPLYING TO UNIVERSITY (the most important one). Ok yeah…no work or study.

For the whole break, I had been thinking about university applications for the whole time. It was like stuck in my mind for 24/7. I kept thinking questions like is this program good for me? Or like am I really suitable for studying business? I was just being very unsure when it came to actual applying, but I was pretty determined that I will be studying business like long time ago (I mean I really wanted to…). But when I was at the point that I really had to make my final decision, I was like I don’t think my personality will be good for studying business (adults around me had been telling me this also).

For my whole life, I was never unsure what I want to be when I grow up. I remember that when I was little, I wanted to be either a teacher or a doctor (they were the people that I saw the most), and also flight attendance. Later when I was a bit older, I thought of many ridiculous jobs that I want to do. For the last few years, my doctors had been asking me the same question every time I see them-What do you want to be in the future? I get really frustrated every time they ask this question because I can never give them an answer. I was always like umm…I am not really sure yet…or sometimes just said I don’t know. Whenever I answer their question like this, my doctors were always like well you are old enough to think about it now, tell me next time you come. And my mom gets mad after this also. It’s not that I don’t want to answer; it’s just that I am really unsure what I really want to be myself too! I had been thinking for the past years that I want to be like a pilot, a film director/editor, a photographer, a wedding planner, flight attendance, even an actress (this one was just a dream). I mean, so am I suppose to tell my doctors all these jobs that I want to do? First of all, I am not the type of person who can like talk to anyone. I can only be free/relax to talk only when I am with someone that I really trust or someone who is close with me. I am not close to my doctors, and I am always uncomfortable when I am with them. That’s why I never told them what I wanted to be and make my mom always gets mad at me.

I think at around last year or so, I made my decision that I will be an accountant (I don’t even know why I chose this =.=). At that time, I was like I am old enough, and really have to make up my mind! But when I took my school accounting course this semester, I changed my mind again! It was so hard that I couldn’t handle it at all. If I can’t even handle it in high school, how can I be a real accountant? And the path to be a CA is really long too. I mean, I don’t like to study, and it will be really tough for me to keep on studying for my whole like to be an accountant.

So now it’s time to apply for university, and I really have to decide what I want to study. I decided that I will either choose marketing or human resources and I can’t change my mind anymore. I am leaning more on marketing, but my mom kept on saying that I am not suitable to study marketing because of my personality (so discouraging eh?). But I thought that marketing would be really fun, so I just ignored her (it’s my future anyways).

I re-watched a drama recently that’s call Triumph in the Skies, which is about pilots and flight attendances, and it made me really want to be a flight attendance too. As mentioned before, it was one of the jobs that I wanted to do when I was younger and I still want to be one now. I guess this will be my backup job if I get bored of business. You guys might feel weird that since this is the job that I wanted to be long time ago, so shouldn’t this be my first priority instead of business? Well I want it to be but…..I am too short (I am 4 cm shorter than the require height…..but that’s not a big problem right? It’s just 4 cm) and also my health that matters. I think that business would be a better job for me and if capable, I would try to be a flight attendance too. I don’t need any university or college degree to be a flight attendance, so I can be one whenever I want and if any airlines will hire me.

Now it’s time to submit the university application and I really hope that I made the right decision. Hope that I can get offers from universities as soon as possible and I don’t have to worry about it anymore *crossing fingers*.
                                                                                                                                                                                                -Iciee

1 comment:

  1. Iciee, I pray that as we go on the university application process this year, God will direct you in which way to go, opening up doors to you that you never thought possible.
    "I can do all this through him who gives me strength." -Philippians 4:13

    ReplyDelete